Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

at last...The Party!!!

Much to our dismay, Maddox started running a fever last Friday, the day before his planned birthday party, so we rescheduled the event.  Earlier tonight family came over to celebrate his 4th birthday. 

There is something about turning 4 that signals the end of babyhood and the certainty of childhood.  As a mother, I find it a bit sobering.  I suppose it is the "end" part that makes me sad, though there is so much to anticipate.  It's a dotted line that marks where baby hugs and sweet little yawns, footed sleepers and faded blankets become toy cars and sleds, plastic dinosaurs and regular hair cuts... a boundary of sorts, and as I look back I see with bittersweet pride that Maddox has undeniably crossed it.

Thinking about all of this reminds me that I want to record each of the kids' birth stories. This is important to me, and I imagine that they will be interested in how they entered this world at some point, but I will save that for another day.


Enjoy the birthday pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment