Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Monday, November 23, 2009

She's TWO! (Party Scenes)

As much as I tried to remind myself that the most important thing about my daughter's birthday was spending time with her, the urge to bake a special little girl cake just for her overcame me.  My plans to simply make a display of cupcakes were set aside, and I turned to parenting.com for cake ideas.  There was a pretty butterfly cake decorated with candy, and I gave it a shot.  It was more work than I had anticipated.  Although I thoroughly enjoy baking, I do not thoroughly enjoy what seems to me to be rather tedious decorating.  In the end I was glad I had put forth effort, though, because all the kids at the party couldn't wait to get a special piece decorated with candies.






No comments:

Post a Comment