Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Denim Bags













For my mom's birthday I decided to make a bag. I wanted to use really special material, but by the time I found the perfect print for her - one of Joel Dewberry's Ginseng prints - I was afraid that it wouldn't arrive in time. So, I used this beautiful dark denim and a really pretty olive & navy print that I had earmarked for an outfit for my daughter. I still have enough fabric to make the outfit for her, too.

Making the purse for my mom inspired another idea for a denim bag. I wanted to use vibrant squares and quilt them along the top band of the purse. Red stitching and wide offset handles give the purse a bit of a funky look. Here is how they turned out.

The Dewberry fabric arrived the day after I made the denim bag for my mom, of course! Now I am trying to figure out what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment